device bktr and smbus

Andrew Milton akm at theinternet.com.au
Thu Mar 18 10:20:19 PST 2004

I've been trying off and on (with cvsups in between) to compile a kernel with
bktr and smbus support under -current.

if I define

options         BKTR_USE_FREEBSD_SMBUS

then the compile fails in bktr_core.c

../../../dev/bktr/bktr_core.c: In function `msp_dpl_write':
../../../dev/bktr/bktr_core.c:3910: error: structure has no member named
`iicbus'

there's two dozen or more places where it dies, related to this macro;

#define IICBUS(bktr) ((bktr)->i2c_sc.iicbus)

Is the BKTR_USE_FREEBSD_SMBUS option needed? (I can't access the remote
control on this board, or do any smb ioctls without it anyway).

Is there some simple fix for this? I'm happy to test patches / hacks d8)

I've got these related options, I can post a full config if needed.

device smbus
device iicbus
device iicbb
device iicsmb

device smb
device iic

device bktr
options         BKTR_GPIO_ACCESS
options         BKTR_SYSTEM_DEFAULT=BROOKTREE_PAL
options         BKTR_ALLOC_PAGES=532
options         BKTR_NEW_MSP34XX_DRIVER
options         BKTR_USE_FREEBSD_SMBUS

--
Totally Holistic Enterprises Internet|                      | Andrew Milton
The Internet (Aust) Pty Ltd          |  M:+61 416 022 411   |