Hauppauge PVR-350 -> DVD query

Tim Aslat tim at spyderweb.com.au
Wed Jul 7 18:55:56 PDT 2004

Hi All,

Just wondering what would be the best way of getting the MPEG2 stream
from a PVR-350 card to a suitable format for DVD burning.

Currently I'm using transcode + mpeg2enc + dvdauthor but it's a bit
slower than I'd like since this is for a semi-realtime application.

Preferably I'd rather be able to dump the captured MPEG stream directly
to dvdauthor and be done with it, unfortunately I have to
split the stream into audio/video, then re-multiplex, then I can feed it
to dvdauthor.

Any ideas on a setting/ filter/something/anything which I can use to
bypass the need to do all this extra processing.

I bought the card in the hope that I wouldn't have to do anything to the
captured stream before burning to DVD.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate it a lot.

Cheers

Tim
--
Tim Aslat <tim at spyderweb.com.au>