MIDI keyboard Evolution MK-361C and FreeBSD

Taku YAMAMOTO taku at cent.saitama-u.ac.jp
Thu Feb 12 09:59:49 PST 2004

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 00:10:48 +0100
Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock at gmx.net> wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 February 2004 14:01, Yuri Grebenkin wrote:
>
> > Well, please, describe the way of configuration for I could get my
> > keyboard working.
>
> MIDI is a no-go on FreeBSD, except with the commercial drivers from 4-front
> (http://www.opensound.com), and even those will not support MIDI over USB.

Actually, MIDI is supported in 5.x world.
But I think it might not be the time because an overhaul of
the MIDI subsystem is planned before 5.3.
(see also: FreeBSD Status report for Oct-Dec 2003
 <http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?4018087B.4080903>)

And, yes, there is a USB-MIDI driver ported from NetBSD's.
(unofficial, not in the source tree)
But I don't recommend it either because of the same reason.

Sincerely,
taku
--
-|-__    YAMAMOTO, Taku  <taku at cent.saitama-u.ac.jp>