again with port pvr250

Pascal pascal at black-ink.net
Wed Dec 22 06:18:32 PST 2004

Hello,

I'm a happy user of the pvr250 ports on FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE. Thanks for
this great job !

It now work, but i have a few issues that i'd want to solve, if possible.

what i have :
 > uname -a
FreeBSD hells-i386.black-ink.net 5.3-RELEASE-p1 FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE-p1
#0: Tue Nov 23 05:25:03 CET 2004
root at hells-i386.black-ink.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/HELLS  i386

 >dmesg
   (...)
cxm0: <Conexant iTVC16 MPEG Coder> mem 0xc8000000-0xcbffffff irq 17 at
device 6.0 on pci0
cxm_iic0: <Conexant iTVC15 / iTVC16 I2C controller> on cxm0
iicbb0: <I2C bit-banging driver> on cxm_iic0
iicbus0: <Philips I2C bus> on iicbb0 master-only
cxm0: Philips FQ1216ME tuner
cxm0: SAA7115 rev 1 video decoder
cxm0: MSP3415G-B8 audio decoder
cxm0: IR Remote
cxm0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
cxm0: encoder firmware version 0x2040011

I can set the channel with setchannel -c (in spite of I have a svideo
cable, but it work like this !) and then
cat /dev/cxm0 | mplayer -

I then have a good result but with theses (lot of) messages in dmesg :

cxm0: encoder dma not enough buffer space free

and my mplayer tell the well know message:

**** Your system is too SLOW to play this!  ****

which is very unpleasant with my new Athlon 64/1Go RAM box !

and, sometimes, after few minutes, the image became bad and the sound
just hang because buffers are full. (Too many video packets in the
buffer: (4096 in 8020892 bytes).)

In fact, I'm not sure if this is a pvr250 or a mplayer issue, or a
communication problem beetwen them, but I think it could be the last,
because i have no problems with
cat /dev/cxm0 > test
mplayer test

another point : i tried with no success to compile the pvr250 port on
amd64. Did anybody have already done this or do you think there is any
chance ?

thanks,

Pascal