Recommendation for FreeBSD 5.3 TV-Out capable card?

Michael Nottebrock michaelnottebrock at gmx.net
Fri Dec 10 01:53:13 PST 2004

On Friday, 10. December 2004 05:04, Vulpes Velox wrote:

> > I have an old ATI Rage II card with TV-out, but the drivers don't
> > handle the TV-out aspect correctly either.

TV Output with open source drivers is generally a pain. Most manufacturers
have submitted to the evil empire that is Macrovision and won't give out
specifications to anybody, and US-based developers are usually scared enough
to not reverse-engineer things either. TV-Output support for _some_ Radeons
apparrently is in the GATOS ati.2 driver (http://gatos.sourceforge.net).

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org