DVD Authoring

Anish Mistry mistry.7 at osu.edu
Mon Apr 5 07:53:19 PDT 2004

On Saturday 03 April 2004 12:27 am, Tim Aslat wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> quick question (hopefully)
>
> I have a project I've been asked to do for a friend and it's proving to
> be a little tricky.
>
> What I have been asked to do, is to capture video off a camera, add a
> visible timestamp and dump it to DVD/VCD, which I've chosen to do under
> FreeBSD.
>
> Currently I have a simple camera, hooked up through a Hauppauge
> PVR-350 capture card which is working like a dream thanks to John Wehle,
> my problem now is how to get a timestamp to display on the final DVD.
>
> I've managed to munge together a script using spumux/dvdauthor and a
> couple of perl scripts to generate the timestamp as subtitles, however
> this is proving to be rather slow and I can't force the subtitles to be
> displayed on a standalone DVD player.
>
> Does anyone know of a script/program to handle this kind of thing which
> will work under FreeBSD?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Regards
>
> Tim
You may want to try avidemux2 there is an older version in the ports
(partially my fault)  if you'd like an updated pre-release version I could
send you a port skeleton.  IIRC the author is currently adding DVD authoring
features.  Check on the forums for the latest updates or features, those
folks most likely can help you a bit better.
http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/

--
Anish Mistry