Via Envy24PT support

Will Saxon WillS at housing.ufl.edu
Wed Sep 24 09:42:57 PDT 2003

Hello,

I might be purchasing two motherboards with onboard Via Envy24PT audio. I have found in the archives a reference to a driver-in-development for the (I guess older) Envy24 chip here:

http://www.katsurajima.seya.yokohama.jp/envy24

This mail was from early January 2002 and I have not seen anything in the archives about updates to this project other than 'almost complete.' I also cannot seem to reach the above site, it times out. I don't think there are any drivers for this in the base system unless support is lumped in with another card.

Does anyone have more information about this driver? These are not going to be professional audio workstations or anything but it would be nice to use the onboard sound vs. purchasing a separate card.

-Will