AC97 audio rear output

Steve Roome stephen_roome at pepcross.com
Fri Sep 5 16:38:21 PDT 2003

Any ideas on how to get reset lineout to act as rear channel (and mic
as center if someone knows how too.) with 5.1-RELEASE.

pcm0: <VIA VT8235> port 0xe400-0xe4ff irq 16 at device 17.5 on pci0
pcm0: <Avance Logic ALC650 AC97 Codec>

I'll figure out how to get software to work with it later I suppose.

btw, I'm fully aware that this may require hacking the pcm driver,
any better ideas first though ?!

While we're at it support for a logitech wingman force feedback
joystick would be nice but I think I'm clutching at straws if not a
working stick on that one. (also)

Ta,

        Steve Roome