bktr / pinnacle pctv rave / does not show tv images

John-Mark Gurney gurney_j at efn.org
Thu Nov 6 14:50:29 PST 2003

Arne Wörner wrote this message on Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 14:21 -0800:
> The bktr driver does not detect the tuner automatically so I fixed it by
> BKTR_OVERRIDE_TUNER to a Philips PAL, although I do not know which tuner they
> sold me (I am in Germany and I have heard that PAL is quite common here). The
> antenna line is working... :-)

you need to pull the card out of the case, and look at the tunner, and
match it up, and put in the proper override.  Since you're not sure
if it's a Philips or something else, this is probably your problem. If
you don't override to the proper tuner, fxtv and other apps will not
be able to tune the tuner to the channel you request.

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579