bktr / pinnacle pctv rave / does not show tv images

Arne Wörner arne_woerner at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 6 14:21:20 PST 2003

Hi!

I am trying to use a Pinnacle PCTV Rave (just like a user who reported a
similar problem at 2003-08-05 here).

The bktr driver does not detect the tuner automatically so I fixed it by
BKTR_OVERRIDE_TUNER to a Philips PAL, although I do not know which tuner they
sold me (I am in Germany and I have heard that PAL is quite common here). The
antenna line is working... :-)

The fxtv show a black screen with a few colored pixels in the upper lines. And
dtv shows a lot of funny colored chaotic pixels.

Can somebody tell me what I should do to watch TV without turning my head to
the TV?

Thank you for your time.

Bye
Arne