multimedia/avifile won't compile, stopping builds of x11/gnome2

Paul Seniura pseniura at techie.com
Tue Nov 4 09:14:00 PST 2003

I'm seeing the exact same compiler problem that bento has been showing
for multimedia/avifile.  This is bento's log for this app:
<http://bento.freebsd.org/errorlogs/i386-5-latest/avifile-0.7.34.20030319,2.log>
This is stopping "portupgrade --new --recursive --upward-recursive x11/gnome2" from finishing.
I have been staying current via CTM due to firewall issues here
(political... don't ask ;) .
I've read thru the long discussion about breaking gnome2 up into
more managable separate collections of apps, but for now the gnome2
collection is the only thing portupgrade knows how to keep track of,
so it is broken as far as it is concerned.
Also, apparently no one else has seen this compile problem with avifile
as I've searched thru every mail-list here to no avail.
Please help me with this -- should I file a bug? or is there a workaround?
If I file a bug, I will recommend upgrading avifile to the latest version as shown on their project site at Sourceforge,
but gnome2 is broken until this is fixed.  Thank you very much.

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

http://corp.mail.com/careers