fxtv some problems

Andy Sparrow spadger at best.com
Tue Jun 24 18:55:01 PDT 2003

> I've installed an old Miro TV Card in my FreeBSD-5.1-RELEASE
>
> When starting fxtv I get the picture spread all over the screen
> in black and white. If I activate a menu the picture is in color
> and within the fxtv frame.
>
> Any suggestions? (Sound works OK)

Sounds like DGA doesn't work correctly for you/with your VGA card.

When the menu is pulled down and obscures what 'fxtv' "knows" should be
the screen area, DGA is switched off (IIRC, shared memory is used
instead).

Either fix whatever is wrong with DGA, or try the command-line option
that forces fxtv not to use DGA, even if it is detected (sorry, don't
remember what it is).

Roger posted a DGA test program a long time ago to assist him when
reporting DGA-related problems.

HTH.

Cheers,

AS