is sound on ICH5 supported?

John Reynolds johnjen at reynoldsnet.org
Tue Jul 22 10:12:02 PDT 2003

Hi all, I was wondering if the built-in sound found in ICH5 is supported? I
looked through ich.c in the driver and saw a few code lines and snippets that
said "ICH5". The "id" mentioned in this file seems to be the same as seen with
pciconf -lv:

none2 at pci0:31:5:	class=0x040100 card=0x1014147b chip=0x24d58086 rev=0x02 hdr=0x00
    vendor   = 'Intel Corporation'
    class    = multimedia
    subclass = audio

however, during probe I get:

  pci0: <multimedia, audio> at device 31.5 (no driver attached)

I don't have sound compiled in the kernel, per se, but I do have

  snd_pcm_load="YES"		# Digital sound subsystem
  snd_ich_load="YES"		# Intel ICH

in my /boot/loader.conf file. I'm running 5.1-RELEASE with a non-GENERIC
kernel. Do I need to load other modules or is this chip not really supported?
Thanks,

-Jr

--
John & Jennifer Reynolds  johnjen at reynoldsnet.org        www.reynoldsnet.org
Sr. Physical Design Engineer - WCCG/CCE PDE     jreynold at sedona.ch.intel.com
Running FreeBSD since 2.1.5-RELEASE.               FreeBSD: The Power to Serve!
"Unix is user friendly, it's just particular about the friends it chooses."