Compiliing gphoto2 cvs on FreeBSD. -- WAS: Re: gphoto2 with Canon Powershot S45?

Arnaud Launay asl at launay.org
Tue Apr 22 09:04:58 PDT 2003

Le Sun, Apr 20, 2003 at 06:48:01AM -0800, Alex Teslik a écrit:
> http://www.acatysmoof.com/posting/freebsd-stuff/gphoto2-cvs.html
> Mabye the developers can look at the steps I had to take and
> come up with fixes to help it compile "out of the box".

Sure, but your thing is not very helpful. Let's study it...

> Setup the environment:
> setenv PKG_CONFIG_PATH /usr/local/libdata/pkgconfig

PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/usr/local/libdata/pkgconfig:/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig"; export PKG_CONFIG_PATH
permits to not use the mv trick below

> Remove the Toshiba camera pdrm11 from the compile (I couldn't
> get it to work - it breaks compile):
> sed -i .bak s/'SUBDIRS = pdrm11'/'SUBDIRS = '/g libgphoto2/camlibs/toshiba/Makefile.am

Not very useful. How does it break, what are the error messages ?

> Build the confiure scripts for libgphoto2 (just press enter if it
> prompts you - do not perform the steps listed):

Complain to GNU gettext maintainers. We have no way to make it quiet.

> You need to remove "--no-verify" from the configure scripts:
> sed -i .bak s='--no-verify'==g libgphoto2/configure
> sed -i .bak s='--no-verify'==g libgphoto2/libgphoto2_port/configure

This is something I did when using an old autoconf, it
isn't necessary from 2.54. Upgrading your autotools suite may
help a lot.

> Move the pkg-config file for libgphoto2 into the correct folder:

Hmmm... pkgconfig directory is defined as ${libdir}/pkgconfig...
This is something a port would do, no way to define this directly
from the source without messing up with libraries place.

> Force $ac_cv_lib_gphoto2_gp_library_version evaluation to true:
> sed -i .bak s#'if test $ac_cv_lib_gphoto2_gp_library_version = yes; then'#'if /usr/bin/true; then'# gphoto2/configure

Woah. Why do you need that ? Ah... Do you have /usr/local/lib in
your lib search path ? ie, does /etc/rc.conf (or
/etc/defaults/rc.conf) contains something like
ldconfig_paths="/usr/lib/compat /usr/X11R6/lib /usr/local/lib" ?

Did you rerun ldconfig after installing libgphoto2 ?

	Arnaud.
--
Isn't it ironic that many men spend a great part of their lives
avoiding marriage while single-mindedly pursuing those things that