Mozilla Firefox v1.5 or 2.0 with linux-flashplugin7

Larkine larkine at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 12:16:31 UTC 2006

Iulian M a écrit :
> Hi
>
>> I have a problem with ld-elf.so.1, i don't known what happened, i have
>> this message in console: /libexec/ld-elf.so.1:
>> /usr/local/lib/firefox/firefox-bin: Undefined symbol "__stdoupt"
>
> This is strange, I've never seen this error with firefox.
>
> Are you using a binary package to install firefox or you build it from source?
> ( i recommend the second method )
>
> What version of firefox are you exactly running ? ( I had no problem with 1.5
> and 2.0 )
>
> Did you installed other plugins ?
>
> The output of ldd //usr/local/lib/firefox/firefox-bin  may be relevant.
>
> Did this version of firefox used to work or it always show this error.
> If it used to work then probably one of his dependencies got updated. I
> suggest rebuilding firefox with all his dependencies .
>
> One more question: Did this happened when you added the flash plugin ? I
> remember that flash9 showed some undefined symbol errors but they wore
> reported from the libflashplugin.so not from the firefox binary. You can also
> try rebuilding linuxpluginwrapper.
>
>> Thank you so much ;)
>
> You are welcome ;-)
>

> Iulian M
> http://www.erata.net

Hello, :)

> Are you using a binary package to install firefox or you build it from
source?
> ( i recommend the second method )

I installed Mozilla Firefox from source.

> What version of firefox are you exactly running ? ( I had no problem
with 1.5
> and 2.0 )

It's 2.0 version.

> Did you installed other plugins ?

No just the flash plugin.

I've now recovered an error message:

LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library
/usr/local/lib/firefox/plugins/libflashplayer.so [Shared
object "libpthread.so.0" not found, required by "libflashplayer.so"]

Here my libmap.conf:

# Flash 7 with Mozilla
[/usr/local/lib/npapi/linux-flashplugin/libflashplayer.so]
libpthread.so.0  libpthread.so.2
libdl.so.2            pluginwrapper/flash7.so
libz.so.1             libz.so.3
libm.so.6            libm.so.4
libc.so.6             pluginwrapper/flash7.so

And if i use the find command
%find / -name "libpthread.so.0"

i have this:
/usr/compat/linux/lib/obsolete/linuxthreads/libpthread.so.0
/usr/compat/linux/lib/libpthread.so.0

I'm searching an idea how i can fix this ?

Thank you :)