2.0 bootsrap

Tomas Weinfurt Tomas.Weinfurt at microsoft.com
Mon Sep 25 06:31:44 UTC 2017

I made another step towards getting build working on FreeBSD:
https://github.com/wfurt/blob

+ dotnet new; dotnet restore; dotnet run -> works on FreebSD.
- I still have some issue using that dotnet cli for a full build.

Running unit tests on FreeBSD still needs some work.
Hopefully that should be resolved shortly and outcome from unit test can paint clearer map of the gap.
I have few PRs to push my private changes to master.

At this point, I’m looking for help with specific issues.

For example:
GetExePath in corefx/System.Diagnostics.Process

I have simple hack using readlink(“/proc/curproc/file”)
I think better implantation should not depend on mounted /proc
Also, I only fix only one function msbuild was failing on.
This may not be interesting for normal apps, but I think it is important for various tools to work properly.

I’m also looking for takers for file watchers. There has been some chatter in the past.
We may always throw – not-supported-by-platform but somebody may have insight if the landscape improved since last year.

Whoever is working on whatever: please tag everything with os-freebsd.
That will make it easier for everybody to track what is going on.

Tomas