Update on porting mono 5

David Naylor naylor.b.david at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 21:01:18 UTC 2017

On Monday, 13 November 2017 23:11:03 David Naylor wrote:
> In the interim, I tried my hand at my own exp-run [1][2][3].  And things
> didn't go well (well the exp-run was a success, but the results...).
>
> It appears that somehow the assemblies are being delay signed during build,
> instead of signed.  It appears csc(1) [the replacement for mcs(1)] does not
> support signing on non-Windows machines [4].  Mono recommends sn(1) should
> be used to sign the dll after build.  I suggest we patch
> Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.target to restore signing functionality.

I've fixed signing of assemblies by using sn(1) after the compile step in the
CoreCompile target.  This fixed one port and pushed post packages to breaking
due to changes from mdb to pdb debug info.

> Any help with the above or the following will be most appreciated:
>  - Bumping the PORTREVISION of all ports that depend on mono
>  - Patching security/ca_root_nss to update/sync/clear the mono certificate
> (see cet-sync(1))
>  - (Optional) Patch mono to store the certificates in $PREFIX, instead of
> /usr/local/
 - fix the follow port's pkg-plist:
   - devel/dbus-sharp
   - devel/mono-addins
   - devel/newtonsoft-json
   - multimedia/emby-server
 - investigate why the following ports do not build:
   - games/openra
   - security/gnome-keyring-sharp