Update on porting mono 5

David Naylor naylor.b.david at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 21:11:09 UTC 2017

On Thursday, 21 September 2017 22:20:54 David Naylor wrote:
> Hi
>
> A quick update on the update to mono5.  In theory everything should be
> working (i.e. mono, monodevelop, etc).
>
> A review has also been created (so you can access the patch).  Please test
> it.
>
> https://reviews.freebsd.org/D12440

Another update, the review has been updated:
 - summary of work done (thanks Russel)
 - commit message
and an exp-run has been requested.  Github has also been updated.

In the interim, I tried my hand at my own exp-run [1][2][3].  And things
didn't go well (well the exp-run was a success, but the results...).

It appears that somehow the assemblies are being delay signed during build,
instead of signed.  It appears csc(1) [the replacement for mcs(1)] does not
support signing on non-Windows machines [4].  Mono recommends sn(1) should be
used to sign the dll after build.  I suggest we patch
Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.target to restore signing functionality.

Any help with the above or the following will be most appreciated:
 - Bumping the PORTREVISION of all ports that depend on mono
 - Patching security/ca_root_nss to update/sync/clear the mono certificate
(see cet-sync(1))
 - (Optional) Patch mono to store the certificates in $PREFIX, instead of
/usr/local/

Regards

[1] http://dbn.westeurope.cloudapp.azure.com/10_3-i386-default/latest
[2] http://dbn.westeurope.cloudapp.azure.com/11_0-i386-default/latest