Targus Wireless Presenter in mouse mode does not vertical scroll.

Julian H. Stacey jhs at flat.berklix.net
Thu Mar 29 21:10:09 UTC 2007

Hi Tom cc list

> Do any mouse events get fired for the scrolling? You can use the program
> ``xev'' to capture all mouse events.

Yes, horizontal coordinates change, but not vertical changes, eg
in the (xxx,yyy) root:(xxx,yyy) only the xxx change

> I'm not familiar with devices with quad-directional scrolling, but it
> may be as simple as telling X that you have a multibutton mouse (and
> maybe tweaking the ZAxisMapping in xorg.conf or judicious use of
> xmodmap).

Well I'm not good at Z axis config either (I just leave it off &
ignore it on other mice with scroll wheel), & I ve never had a 4 key mouse
to solve (happily).

But I dont think this is like a complex quad button mouse as such;
it's more like 2 tools in one box (dependent on physical mode switch):
simple 2 key mouse on ums & presenter on kbd.

I'm aware of how to use xmodmap to map key strokes (& button combos)
but xmodmap doesnt map the vertical scroll.

So thanks for your ideas, appreciated :-)  but not the solution.

--
Julian Stacey. Munich Computer Consultant, BSD Unix C Linux. http://berklix.com
	Escape Microsoft 20th April 2007: http://berklix.com/free/talk/