Nice compact lightweight powerful laptop ...

srenna at lcssecuritygroup.com srenna at lcssecuritygroup.com
Fri Mar 24 14:21:47 UTC 2006

http://www.zapatec.com/freebsd/laptop/

Google search term:  FreeBSD 6.0 Laptop database

I was able to get it running on my Sony Vaio S260(which isn't made
anymore), with some adjustments.

Even with a non-supported laptop it may be possible to get it to work
with modifications, like with my Sony.

6.0 has expanded wireless support and I think WPA support:
http://www.freebsdmall.com/~loader/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/wireless/article.html

Good luck.  You might check out PC-BSD.  I've been using it since 0.6
and it's basically a pretty front end built on top
of a FreeBSD system:  http://www.pcbsd.org/?p=pcbsd  .  It's very robust
and is getting better.  I love it.  Saves me a lot of configuration and
setup time and comes pre-loaded with alot of things you'll find of use.
 Also uses a packaging system, using .pbi files, but supports the use of
the ports tree.  Check it out, you might find it saves you some time as
well.

Scott Renna