ath solved my ipw problems

George Hartzell hartzell at alerce.com
Tue Mar 7 20:43:55 UTC 2006

Dan Langille writes:
 > Hey folks,
 >
 > Just for those people having ipw problems like I was for so long..
 >
 > My ath NIC arrived yesterday.  I bought the genuine IBM part #
 > 73P4301 (11A/B/G WL LAN MINI PCI ADAPTOR II)
 >
 > The price was CAD$113.80 including all taxes and shipping.
 >
 > http://tinyurl.com/d9whw
 >
 > Of help was http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Category:T41 which had a
 > link to the Hardware Maintenance Manual.
 >

 > Installation was not bad, following

I've had trouble with the ath device in my IBM T42p resuming properly
after a suspend.  Oddly enough, it only seems to happen with I'm
running X, if I swith to another vty before I suspend, and switch back
after I resume, then it works.

For now I just run an /etc/rc.d/netif restart ath0 when I resume.

I've shown this to Sam Leffler and he also sees resume problems on a
similar system.  It's in his queue of things to fix.

Does suspend/resume work for you?  I'm running w/ dhclient and
wpa_supplicant using simple WEP keys.

g.