Notebook recommendations

Christopher Hilton chris at vindaloo.com
Thu Jul 27 14:50:54 UTC 2006

Well, my notebook was stolen last night so after 3 years with my
Gateway it's time get something new. I'm looking for recommendations.
The features I'm looking for are:

      XGA graphics at a minimum of 1280 pixels horizontal and 960
pixels vertical. 1400x1050 is perfect

      Pentium M processor for battery life 1.6 GHz ~ 2.0 GHz

     Ability to do 3D Video acceleration would be a plus but isn't
strictly necessary. XDAMAGE would be a double      plus.

      A real serial port is a plus as I occasionally have to boot the
odd sun workstation.

Any suggestions are welcome.

-- Chris