6.0 Install hangs

John Crummy john.crummy at shaw.ca
Fri Nov 11 15:40:44 PST 2005

Hello,

I am trying to install FreeBSD 6.0 on my Toshiba Satellite M50-MX2
laptop, but with no luck so far.

The install cd boots up and displays the boot menu. If I choose default
boot option (1), the systems hangs after this:

/boot/kernel/acpi.ko text=0x40c2c data=0x2160+0x1090 syms=[0x4+0x7810
+0x4+0xa292]
\

And freezes with the spinning line at that position. Choosing ACPI
disabled, safe mode, or verbose logging does nothing to improve the
situation. Other have found that disabling pnp in the bios has helped,
but this laptop does not have that option in the bios.

Does anyone have any ideas to get FreeBSD working on this laptop or am I
SOL on this?

-John Crummy