5.2.1 can't load xl0 driver

adslvmlg at tpg.com.au adslvmlg at tpg.com.au
Mon Sep 13 01:42:49 PDT 2004

Dear list,
My problem with 5.2.1-Release:
I use 4.10 for my server, and workstation, and recently I am planning to give
5.2.1 a try, in order to getting familiar with the next release 5.3.

After I installed 5.2.1 on my IBM Thinkpad A21P, the system didn't recoganize my
3Com network card during installation. After I reboot the system, the xl0 3Com
NIC showed up, and I ifconfig it, and my network is blocked, I can't ping any
computer within my network. And then I reboot the system again, the xl0
disappeared again. And the system keep doing this to me.

Just wondering is this a bug of 5.2.1 or it's the problem with my laptop? And
experienced this problem?

Cheers,
LEI