Very strange behavior of the special keys on a IBM T40

Arne Schwabe arne at rfc2549.org
Sun May 23 07:56:39 PDT 2004

Arne Schwabe <arne at rfc2549.org> writes:

>>> Would you by any chance be running with an extra ultra bay battery in place on
>>> the CD/DVD? If so, try removing it (and rebooting). If you're having the same
>>> problem I have on my T40p, that should eliminate the hangs. As a result I'm
>>> almost never using the extra battery :(
>>
>> I have a extra ultra bay battery but I makes no difference. :/
>>
>> Could you send me your kernel config, maybe I have something weird in
>> my config?
>
> Okay, I tried your kernel config but the same result brightness
> up/down freezes the kernel.
>
> Without acpi the kernel freezes after something like 1-2 minutes :(

Well, I "narrowed" it down, my notebook is now *real* crazy, even with
a 5.2.1 kernel (which worked :/) it now shows this behavior.  I have
now absoluty no idea what I could try next :/

Arne
--
Ah, the beauty of OSS. Hundreds of volunteers worldwide volunteering
their time inventing and implementing new exciting ways of old fashioned  wheels.