PC Card

Frank Altpeter frank at altpeter.de
Mon May 17 02:49:04 PDT 2004

Hello!

Kirill Bezzubets wrote on 2004-05-17 13:42:12 +0400:
> > ..dusan. wrote:
> > >hi. can somebody tell me why I can't pccardd? pccardd outputs
> > >error message that there are no pc card slots.. but in dmesg I
> > >fount creation of 2 pccard slots.. where's the problem.? And
> > >one more thing.. anytime I insert PC Card into slot, system
> > >completely freezes.. If I have a card already inserted in slot
> > >during boot, the system hangs with: Mount root from
> > >ufs:/dev/ad0s2a
> >
> > Could be a number of things, more information is required to
> > help. What version of FreeBSD are you running? What is the
> > hardware you run it on, Dell, IBM, Sony, etc? Have you compiled
> > pccard support into your kernel?  Is your pccard chipset
> > supported, you did look it up on the FreeBSD mobile pages, no?
> >

> Perhaps, it's all about FreeBSD 5, in which case there's no need
> for pccardd with NEWKERNEL.
>
> If there's a need for doing something special when
> inserting/ejecting hardware you should look for devd.

I've got quite the same problems with 5.2-CURRENT and NEWCARD and
devd. According to my previous mail, the hardware seems to be
supported and all seems to bei configured well.

With kind regards,

	Frank Altpeter

--
FA-RIPE - racoon at IRCNET - 6133423 at ICQ
Member of the Open Business Club - http://www.openbc.com/