PC Card

Kirill Bezzubets kirill at solaris.ru
Mon May 17 02:42:24 PDT 2004

On Sat, May 15, 2004 at 07:05:23AM -0400, Bob Collins wrote:

> ..dusan. wrote:
> >hi. can somebody tell me why I can't pccardd? pccardd outputs error message
> >that there are no pc card slots.. but in dmesg I fount creation of 2 pccard
> >slots.. where's the problem.? And one more thing.. anytime I insert PC Card
> >into slot, system completely freezes.. If I have a card already inserted in
> >slot during boot, the system hangs with:
> >Mount root from ufs:/dev/ad0s2a
>
> Could be a number of things, more information is required to help. What
> version of FreeBSD are you running? What is the hardware you run it on,
> Dell, IBM, Sony, etc? Have you compiled pccard support into your kernel?
> Is your pccard chipset supported, you did look it up on the FreeBSD
> mobile pages, no?

Perhaps, it's all about FreeBSD 5, in which case there's
no need for pccardd with NEWKERNEL.

If there's a need for doing something special when
inserting/ejecting hardware you should look for devd.

--
BR,
Kirill Bezzubets                                CASE-RIPE CASE-RIPN
CTO / Head Of N.O.C.                            mailto:kirill at solaris.ru
Solaris ISP & Telecommunications Co. Ltd        http://www.solaris.ru