unsupported io range problem

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sun May 9 08:35:58 PDT 2004

In message: <20040504074517.E559889 at toad.stack.nl>
            marcov at stack.nl (Marco van de Voort) writes:
: > In message: <20040421202556.AC9178A at toad.stack.nl>
:
: > : > eliminating the allow_unsupported_io_ranage option.  You should try a
: > : > number higher than 0x20000000 since that's kind of low...
: > :
: > : I tried a lot of values 0x2.., 0x4.., 0x6.., 0x8.., 0xe....
: > :
: > : all the same result. Are you suggesting I'd have to update to a -current
: > : kernel?
: >
: > I'm suggesting that you might have to.  I'd checkout a separate
: > 5.3-current tree, and installing with KERNEL=current so that it goes
: > into /boot/current in case there are major issues.  At the 'ok'
: > prompts, you'll need to type 'unload' and then 'boot current'.
:
: I had to rearrange some things to get the laptop connected (borrow pccard,
: register it on the net etc), but last night I built -current kernel and
: installed it.
:
: The separate installing failed (is this method for the old or new kernel?),
: but at first sight, everything seems to start working indeed.

Resource allocation is *MUCH* imporved in current over 5.2.1

Warner