How does dstumbler work?

Your Name bg271828 at yahoo.com
Tue May 4 09:28:19 PDT 2004

Hi! I recently started to use FreeBSD, and I am used
to simpler Windows software. I'm trying to use
dstumbler with my wireless card, and it works but I
don't
really know what it's doing!

The webpage just says "All command hotkeys within the
program are pretty much self explanitory", but that
doesn't help me, because I don't understand it.
What's the difference between the > and the * before
each line? Is there any place that says how strong the
signal is?
Most of all, how do I join a network? Can I do this
with dstumbler or is this just info that I have to use
with ifconfig? What if I want to try to crack
encryption
with one of the related tools?

I'd rather use something simpler and graphical, if
there's anything like that out there--is there? All I
want to do is use wireless, I don't want to get too
technical!

Thanks.

Jen