ACPI & pcmcia problem

Nate Lawson nate at root.org
Wed Mar 17 14:26:41 PST 2004

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004, John Baldwin wrote:
> On Sunday 14 March 2004 05:30 pm, Alexandre Ahmim-Richard wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm experiencing the problem of acpi which is disabling the pcmcia
> > support...
> > Here is my dmesg :
> > cbb0: <O2Micro OZ6912/6972 PCI-CardBus Bridge> at device 8.0 on pci0
> > cardbus0: <CardBus bus> on cbb0
> > pccard0: <16-bit PCCard bus> on cbb0
> > pcib0: _PRS resource entry has unsupported type 2
>
> Hmm type 2 is:
>
> #define ACPI_RSTYPE_START_DPF           2
> #define ACPI_RSTYPE_END_DPF             3
>
> It may be that an IRQ is hidden down inside the DPF (whatever that is) so
> perhaps we need to add DPF support somewhere in the ACPI code?
> Nate, can you maybe add an item about at least investigating DPF resource
> support to the ACPI todo list?

This is a start/end marker for dependent functions.  It provides
priorities for the other resource types.  For instance, it's a way to
express that 0x3f8 is the preffered COM1 IO port.  I'll need an ASL dump
to know what it's wrapping.

Alexandre, please send me the output of:
  acpidump -t -d > alexandre.asl

-Nate