ACPI & pcmcia problem

John Baldwin jhb at FreeBSD.org
Mon Mar 15 11:56:21 PST 2004

On Sunday 14 March 2004 05:30 pm, Alexandre Ahmim-Richard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm experiencing the problem of acpi which is disabling the pcmcia
> support...
> Here is my dmesg :
> cbb0: <O2Micro OZ6912/6972 PCI-CardBus Bridge> at device 8.0 on pci0
> cardbus0: <CardBus bus> on cbb0
> pccard0: <16-bit PCCard bus> on cbb0
> pcib0: _PRS resource entry has unsupported type 2

Hmm type 2 is:

#define ACPI_RSTYPE_START_DPF           2
#define ACPI_RSTYPE_END_DPF             3

It may be that an IRQ is hidden down inside the DPF (whatever that is) so
perhaps we need to add DPF support somewhere in the ACPI code?
Nate, can you maybe add an item about at least investigating DPF resource
support to the ACPI todo list?