ACPI & pcmcia problem

tl3i at tiscali.it tl3i at tiscali.it
Mon Mar 15 15:20:32 PST 2004

: tl3i at tiscali.it wrote:
: > Hi, I have the same controller, and I had the same problem.
: > At first I remarked that disabling acpi all goes right, but acpi on
a laptop
: > is quite essential :D
: >
: > I solved dumping the DSDT table, correcting this and so recompiling;
look
: > for acpidump and iasl tools.
: > So I put in loader.conf to load my DSDT.aml file (acpi_DSDT etc...)
and
: > now it's ok.
: >
:
: Hmm ok, I see, but what do you mean by "correcting this" ? I dumped and

: decompiled the DSDT table but I don't really know what I have to change

: in the .dsl file..

I have found some articles on google, try http://www.cpqlinux.com/acpi-howto.html
to start.

: > My laptop is a gericom advance 1400, have you a similar machine?
: >
:
: I have a gericom webgine advance with an AMD 1400, same machine ? :)

yeah :D
I send you my DSDT.aml table as you ask me in your second mail.

Set in /boot/loader.conf
[...]
acpi_dsdt_load="YES"  # DSDT Overriding
acpi_dsdt_type="acpi_dsdt" # Don't change this
acpi_dsdt_name="/boot/DSDT.aml"
[...]

and in /etc/rc.conf
[...]
pccard_enable="YES"
apm_enable="NO"
[...]

the kernel config is in that uri you send. With these setting I run an Atheros
wifi card.

I have found the best configuration with the 5.2 RELEASE, I don't tried
the 5.2.1, only the CURRENT.

Hi,
Emmanuel Richiardone

: --
: Alexandre Ahmim-Richard
: passe at clope.net
: http://www.u-admin.org

ADSL Senza Canone 640Kbps:
attivala entro il 31 marzo e avrai GRATIS il costo di adesione,
quello di attivazione e il modem per tutto il 2004.
E per i primi 3 mesi navighi a 1,5 euro l'ora! Affrettati!
http://point.tiscali.it/adsl/prodotti/senzacanone/