Problems with a Toshiba 503 Satellite

Alejandro Valenzuela lanjoe9 at prodigy.net.mx
Mon Mar 15 13:30:05 PST 2004

Thanks a lot for your reply, Matthew.

I haven't been able to install FreeBSD 5.x or correct the sound card
problem, and very much like you, I use FreeBSD 4.9 which works nicely.

I'd like to solve a detail though: I once found in one of these lists a
patch to work around a bug in the laptop's keyboard (when using X
server, sometimes keypressess get duplicated, which can be veeryy
annnoooyiiing when typing passwords), which involved patching atkbd.c or
a similar file.

If you've got it, ¿Could you forward it to me, please? Although I don't
have any problems once I log in and use the "slow keys" feature, I'd
like to correct it to avoid annoyances with GDM..

Thank you again very much for your reply
Hopefully these issues may be corrected when FreeBSD 5.3/Stable comes out...