More TrueMobile 1300

Bill Paul wpaul at FreeBSD.ORG
Fri Mar 12 11:51:03 PST 2004

> > You don't show what command(s) you typed to initialize the interface.
> > You also don't say what kind of AP you're trying to associate with.
>
> I used:
> ifconfig ndis0 ssid xxx wepmode on wepkey xxxxx up
> which is the same as I use on my wi card:
> ifconfig wi0 ssid xxx wepmode on wepkey xxxxx up
>
> I have tried this with a Linksys WAP11v2 and Nokia A032 AP.

It could be something to do with the wepkey not being programmed
correctly. I usually specify my WEP keys as hex strings. Couple things
I would test:

- disable WEP on the AP temporarily (if you can) and see if it will
  associate then
- use 'media autoselect' with the rest of your ifconfig options
- after a few seconds, do 'ifconfig ndis0 up' or 'ifconfig ndis0
  ssid xxx' a couple of times (setting the ssid is supposed to
  cause the driver to re-attempt to associate).

-Bill