More TrueMobile 1300

Jacob S. Barrett jbarrett at amduat.net
Fri Mar 12 11:38:29 PST 2004

<quote who="Bill Paul">
>> I have a TrueMobile 1300 PCMCIA card.  I have compiled and successfully
>> loaded
>> the NDIS drivers (5-Current as of 8pm last night).
>
> I'm assuming these are the drivers which came with your laptop.

Yes, I am using the drives that came on the CD with the card.  They match
the latest drivers found on Dell's support site.

> You don't show what command(s) you typed to initialize the interface.
> You also don't say what kind of AP you're trying to associate with.

I used:
ifconfig ndis0 ssid xxx wepmode on wepkey xxxxx up
which is the same as I use on my wi card:
ifconfig wi0 ssid xxx wepmode on wepkey xxxxx up

I have tried this with a Linksys WAP11v2 and Nokia A032 AP.

--
Jacob S. Barrett
jbarrett at amduat.net
www.amduat.net

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."