pccard 56k preventing suspend

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Fri Sep 12 15:30:02 PDT 2003

Hmmmm....

Just when I thought I had everything working:

I bought a remanufactured 56k 3Com Megahertz 3CXM756.

The modem works great, but now I've found that I
can't suspend my laptop unless I remove the card.

Nothing bad happens if I try to suspend with the
card plugged in - it just goes into standby mode,
and I can come out of standby with no ill side-
effects, but it's a bit inconvenient having to
remove my shiny new pccard everytime I want to
suspend.

Any ideas?

I tried using pccardc to power down the slot, but
I'm not running pccardd, and /dev/card* doesn't
exist...

Thanks!

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator