ACPI debugging howto

Daniel Lang dl at leo.org
Tue Aug 26 06:30:03 PDT 2003

Hi,

I think I have seen a pointer to a webpage describing
how to debug your ACPI properly. Maybe I'm wrong, but
since the acpitools (acpidump, acpidb, iasl) are
available, I think it is advised to debug your ACPI
implementation on your own.

Background: I have a Fujitsu-Siemens Lifebook E6x-Series
running 5.1-CURRENT. I need to disable acpi completely
to avoid random panics related to acpi.

I've just updated my -CURRENT and noted, that the acpitools
are now part of the base system and read the manpages.
Still I'm a bit unsure how to start after dumping the
ASL and DSDT contents.
(I have not enabled the acpi module after the upgrade,
 maybe things have been fixed to make it work anyway.
 This will be the next thing I will try).

So if there is a tutorial, how to debug your own ACPI
configuration, please send me an URL.

Many thanks,
 Daniel
--
IRCnet: Mr-Spock                 - Work is for people, who don't surf -
 Daniel Lang * dl at leo.org * +49 89 289 18532 * http://www.leo.org/~dl/