Wierd X issue.

Jamie Bowden ragnar at sysabend.org
Wed Aug 13 05:38:10 PDT 2003

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003, Christoph P. Kukulies wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 12:20:25PM -0700, Jamie Bowden wrote:
> >
> > I upgraded my laptop (Dell Latitude C810) to 5.1-R this morning (saved
> > data I cared about, did fresh install), and cvsup'd RELENG_5_1.  After
> > buildworld, installworld, buildkernel, installkernel, and a reboot I built
> > the XFree86-4 port.  I've also installed the linux_base posrt and the
> > NVIDIA FreeBSD driver dated July 1, 2003, which is the newest on their
> > site.
>
> Did you build XFree-4.3.1 from ground up? I grabbed all the tarballs from
> xfree86.org, unpacked them somewhere, cd xc, make World, make install.
>
> I'm not sure if this is overkill but - despite of some ugly aliased fonts -
> I have a very find working X11 on my Dell Inspiron 8000 with NVIDIA
> GeForce2 Go.

Is the current port 4.3.1 or 4.3.0?  Which ever it is, I used the port to
build it from scratch.  I newfs'd the partition before installing 5.1.
Everything on it (except for cvsup itself and its dependencies, built from
the ports off the 5.1-R CD) is built from the current ports tree.

cvsupfile file is:

*default  host=cvsup11.FreeBSD.org
*default  base=/usr
*default  prefix=/usr
*default  release=cvs
*default  tag=RELENG_5_1
*default  delete use-rel-suffix

src-all
*default tag=.
ports-all
doc-all

Jamie Bowden

--
"It was half way to Rivendell when the drugs began to take hold"
Hunter S Tolkien "Fear and Loathing in Barad Dur"