Wierd X issue.

Christoph P. Kukulies kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Aug 12 23:27:18 PDT 2003

On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 12:20:25PM -0700, Jamie Bowden wrote:

> I upgraded my laptop (Dell Latitude C810) to 5.1-R this morning (saved
> data I cared about, did fresh install), and cvsup'd RELENG_5_1.  After
> buildworld, installworld, buildkernel, installkernel, and a reboot I built
> the XFree86-4 port.  I've also installed the linux_base posrt and the
> NVIDIA FreeBSD driver dated July 1, 2003, which is the newest on their
> site.

Did you build XFree-4.3.1 from ground up? I grabbed all the tarballs from
xfree86.org, unpacked them somewhere, cd xc, make World, make install.

I'm not sure if this is overkill but - despite of some ugly aliased fonts -
I have a very find working X11 on my Dell Inspiron 8000 with NVIDIA
GeForce2 Go.