cbb: Unable to map IRQ on 5.0R (was: Re: Support forO2Micro Card Bridges?)

Cornelius, Peter peter.cornelius at comsoft.de
Fri Aug 8 05:17:05 PDT 2003

Re...

Thanks a lot for the reply.

> > >     [...]
> > >     cbb0: <O2Micro OZ6912/6972 PCI-CardBus Bridge> at
> device 8.0 on pci0
> > >     cardbus0: <CardBus bus> on cbb0
> > >     pccard0: <16-bit PCCard bus> on cbb0
> > >     pcib0: _PRS resource entry has unsupported type 2
> I had the same error. Try to fix this first, perhaps the other error
> will vanish magically.
>
> > >     cbb: Unable to map IRQ...
> > >     device_probe_and_attach: cbb0 attach returned 12
> > >     [...]
> > >
> Search in your DSDT for _PRS methods and look for errors. For example,
> view my DSDT at http://andreas.syndrom23.de/freebsd.html#acpi
>
> I described my "solution" in this message
> http://home.jp.freebsd.org/cgi-bin/showmail/acpi-jp/2559

ACPI is a little shaky indeed on that box and several things don't work (properly) like closing the lid, shutdown -p, and others. I have not paid too much attention to it where I possibly should have.

Now, I poked about and found that there's an amldb(8) to play with but I assume that I would have to produce 'my own' aml file first from my BIOS information and then incorporate the changes you propose, or am I wrong? I can get 'something' (in asl) with acpidump(8) but, well. Then I noted that you load your .asl files from /boot/kernel... I don't have these -- yet, obviously :)

Where should I look; how do I learn this?

Thanks again and

all the best,

Peter.