Problems with XFree 4.3/FreeBSD and a Inspiron 5100.

Peter Losher plosher-keyword-freebsd.a36e57 at plosh.net
Sun Aug 3 02:17:27 PDT 2003

On Fri, 1 Aug 2003, Greg Lehey wrote:

> > Thanks for the pointer, because of the flaky support for Cardbus in
> > 5.1, I am still using 4.8-STABLE.
>
> CardBus is much better under 5.1 than 4.8.  There are problems with
> the Inspiron 5100, but that's not general.

Tell me about it :(

I will likley try 5.1R again with the loader.conf changes Joe Clarke
suggested earlier.

> > (Cardbus just locks up the system during boot)
>
> This must depend on the card.  I haven't had that kind of problem.
> What's the card?  When does it hang?

Netgear WG511
D-Link DWL-650+

And a Netgear MA401RA PC Card did the same thing.  Let's see what happens
with at least the 16-bit PC Card after the loader.conf changes.

Best Wishes - Peter
--
[ http://www.plosh.net/ ] - "Earth Halted : Please Reboot"