Problems with XFree 4.3/FreeBSD and a Inspiron 5100.

Greg Lehey grog at FreeBSD.org
Fri Aug 1 17:06:04 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, 29 July 2003 at  1:00:41 -0400, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-07-29 at 00:50, Peter Losher wrote:
>> Now when I can get that straightened out and I can find a driver
>> for the on-board Broadcom NIC (yes, I know it doesn't exist thanks
>> to Broadcom), this system will be perfect. :)
>
> Check the mobile@ archives.  The URL for a beta driver for -CURRENT
> has been posted a few times.  It requires a few hacks to get it to
> compile on today's -CURRENT.  If need be, I can provide my diffs,
> though I'm not sure they're correct.

The Broadcom driver is more alpha than beta.  I installed it on my
5100, but it was really flaky.  Duncan's still working on it, and he
tells me it'll be another couple of weeks before he can look at it.

Greg