Update: Infrared on a HP Omnibook 6100

Tiarnan O'Corrain ocorrain at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 22 08:30:02 PDT 2003

Hello all--

apologies for replying to my previous mail, but I have made some
progress. I downloaded birda from ports/comms, and managed to
establish a connection via infrared using ircomm:

# ircomm -d /dev/cuaa1

The flashing IR symbol on the phone stops flashing, denoting
an active connection, which is encouraging! However, I have not
had any luck with gnokii as yet. I tried connecting stdin/out to
a terminal using ircomm's -Y flag, which gives me something like
/dev/ttyp5 as the terminal. Passing this to gnokii as its device
doesn't help. Does anyone know if gnokii works fully on FreeBSD?

By the way, I'm using FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE, with gnokii 0.4.3, and
birda 1.00.

All the best

Tiarnan