netgear ma311 failures (wi0 driver)

Cliff L. Biffle cbiffle at safety.net
Mon Apr 21 16:06:17 PDT 2003

On Monday 21 April 2003 02:51 pm, vizion communication wrote:
> Does anyone know a good way of ensuring that wi0 only
> accepted communications from a specific access point (mac
> address and ssid)?

I have a script I've written that lets you define a set of acceptable networks
and priorities for each.  This is useful for me, because I move between three
or four distinct networks day to day, and at times I can see more than one.
I'll be happy to share if you're interested, but it might be overkill for
what you're doing.

It's currently written in Ruby, so be warned.  I'm porting to to sh.

On a related note, can a bourne shell guru drop me a line and tell me how to
for-loop over -lines- in a file instead of -words- in a file?  I've tried
changing the delimiter characters with no luck. :-)

-Cliff L. Biffle