WEP & DHCP: Works with one card, not the other

Ulrich Plate plate at gol.com
Mon Apr 14 00:05:32 PDT 2003

Dan Langille wrote:

> I'd be interested if your use of a /tmp/foo solution works.

I had seen that earlier while searching the archive, but thought it was
just for additional debug output. I'll give it a try, thanks.

Meanwhile, I've tested a third card, Planex GW-CF11H (using a CF to
PCCard adapter), and I'm getting the same phenomenon. The Orinoco card
is the only one so far that both accepts the crypto instructions and
gets an IP via DHCP, the other two (both Prism 2.5 based, by the way)
are getting configured alright, but dhclient fails. Needless to say, the
cards are all in working order, all three work in Linux with the exact
same startup procedure.

Glad if someone could at least explain what's happening here
Ulrich Plate