Bluetooth on FreeBSD

Indika Piyasena ipiyasena at crg.ee.uct.ac.za
Sun Apr 13 15:13:05 PDT 2003

Hello,

I'm quite new to FreeBSD and I'm trying to install the Bluetooth
protocol stack developed by Maksim Yevmenkin. I'm not sure what it's
called, other than ngbt-fbsd?

I've been following the instructions from Pav's BSD corner at
http://www.oook.cz/bsd/bluetooth.html.

After building the modules, editing the /boot/loader.conf file and
reboot the system, I plug in the USB Bluetooth device, the system
detects a USB device being plugged in.

However, I do not get the following expected output on the console:
ubt0: vendor 0x0a12 product 0x0001, rev 1.10/5.25, addr 2
ubt0: Interface 0 endpoints: interrupt=0x81, bulk-in=0x82, bulk-out=0x2
ubt0: Interface 1 (alt.config 5) endpoints: isoc-in=0x83, isoc-out=0x3;
      wMaxPacketSize=49; nframes=6, buffer size=294

This output may be redirected to a syslog file. What is the name and
location of the log file?

I've successfully setup a Bluetooth PAN on Linux Debian systems where I
had to mount a USB bus at /proc/bus/usb. Is this also necessary on
FreeBSD?

I am using FreeBSD 5.0-RELEASE with an USB Ericsson Bluetooth training
kit.

Input on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Indika