Thinkpad A31p recovery Partition

Kit Mitchell kit at hypostasis.com
Sun Apr 6 07:25:10 PDT 2003

Having just installed 4.8-RELEASE on the above, like
an idiot I re-wrote the MBR with the FreeBSD boot
manager.  Is there a way of accessing the thinkpad
recovery slice to drop XP back on the slice I've
left for it?  Or is it worth trying some other
paticular boot manager to do this?

So far I've tried the boot manager to access the
slice but with no response (total blank screen)
and also setting the slice as active (same blank
screen)

Given that it has no floppy (just a cd) I was unable
to create a rescue floppy and so far haven't found
a recovery cd that is downloadable.  Any clues would
be appreciated before I have to go crying to IBM for
a probably unsupported fix.

thanks and regards

--kit