Missing hack to resolve umass issues on RouterStation Pro

Adrian Chadd adrian at freebsd.org
Thu Mar 4 05:53:42 UTC 2010

On 4 March 2010 12:53, Alexander Kabaev <kabaev at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in order to fix issues with umass on RouterStation Pro, I had to
> fix/hack the kenel in two places. One was related in the way we handled
> partial cache line invaidations and I committed it to -current already
> as http://svn.freebsd.org/changeset/base/203080.
>
> Another one is a hack that is not suitable for inclusion into official
> sources, but still is good enough to get RouterStation Pro to work
> reliably. Get it from here:
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~kan/usb_rspro.diff
>
> I would appreciate if people who still have issues getting their
> USB-attached storage working reliably with RSPro can test it and report
> success/failure.

It works fine for me. I do see occasional segfault-on-exec which I
wonder whether is due to USB or VM/TLB magic; this smells somewhat
like it could be both. I'll have to re-test things on an NFS root (and
hope there's not MIPS/rspro-y issues with the NFS and NIC code. :)

Is this USB alignment patch something that is needed for all MIPS/USB
stuff, or just this specific SoC. If so, why? And will it potentially
be an issue with other SoCs?

Adrian