n32 support patches

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Tue Mar 2 05:07:44 UTC 2010

In message: <dffe84831003012043n119d5809s2e300e4b8bc35a35 at mail.gmail.com>
            Neel Natu <neelnatu at gmail.com> writes:
: The changes to bsd.cpu.mk that append to LDFLAGS will most likely
: break building kernel modules. Can you build a kernel module in a tree
: with your patch?

Chances are all of those will go away anyway :)  But I haven't thought
about ABI changes in my TBEMD tree....

: The problem is that LDFLAGS are directly passed as arguments to the
: linker in bsd.kmod.mk and the linker does not like the
: -Wl,-linker_option style of setting options.
:
: Do you really need to set LDFLAGS in bsd.cpu.mk? It would seem that
: simply setting LD would work.

But in the current world order, I have the same questions...

Warner

: best
: Neel
:
: On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 6:28 AM, C. Jayachandran