n32 support patches

Neel Natu neelnatu at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 04:43:21 UTC 2010

Hi JC,

The changes to bsd.cpu.mk that append to LDFLAGS will most likely
break building kernel modules. Can you build a kernel module in a tree
with your patch?

The problem is that LDFLAGS are directly passed as arguments to the
linker in bsd.kmod.mk and the linker does not like the
-Wl,-linker_option style of setting options.

Do you really need to set LDFLAGS in bsd.cpu.mk? It would seem that
simply setting LD would work.

best
Neel